Nicki Minaj Style
- VoucherCodes Oscars Competition
- Wallace and Gromit- A Matter of Loaf and Death: Re...
- The Lady and the Reaper: Review
- French Roast: Review
- New Toy Story 3 Character Poster: Buttercup
- Granny O'Grimm's Sleeping Beauty: Review
- 2010 BAFTA Award Winners!
- Logorama: Review
- First Alice In Wonderland Preview Clip Released!
- Invictus: Review
- Nine: Review
- Brothers: Review
- The Messenger: Review
- New Toy Story 3 Character Revealed: Barbie's Ken!
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Lightning Thie...
- New Toy Story 3 Character Revealed: Lots-o-Huggin ...
- Penelope Cruz Joins Pirates of the Caribbean 4
- Disney Unveils New Toy Story 3 Character
- The Secret of Kells: Review
- Tom Cruise Is Back! And so is Mission Impossible I...
- In The Loop: Review
- A Serious Man: Review
- Two New Teaser Posters from The Last Airbender
- The Young Victoria: Review
- An Education: Review
- The Cove: Review
- 2010 ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEES!
- New York, I Love You: Review
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2009 (80)
- ► 2008 (63)
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Tom Cruise Is Back! And so is Mission Impossible IV
Paramount Pictures announced Tuesday (February 9) that it will be making "Mission: Impossible IV," targeting a Memorial Day 2011 release. Although "Mission: Impossible III" director-turned-"Star Trek"-mastermind J.J. Abrams will not return to direct the next film, he will produce with Cruise through his Bad Robot Productions.
"Tom and J.J. are great talents," Paramount Pictures chairman and CEO Brad Grey said in a statement announcing the deal. "We are excited to be working with them to re-launch this legendary franchise."
Screenwriters Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec ("Life on Mars") are writing the script, based on an original idea by Cruise and Abrams. The duo are currently working with the studio to find a director for the project.
The announcement of the project marks a substantial reversal of fortune for Cruise, who has had an eventful few years since last portraying Ethan Hunt. While working on "Mission: Impossible III," the veteran star made an infamous stop at "The Oprah Winfrey Show," during which he jumped on the talk-show host's couch to demonstrate his enthusiasm about then-girlfriend Katie Holmes. Around that same time, the actor made waves by speaking out against actress Brooke Shields' use of anti-depressants.
Dealing with various controversies in the time since, Cruise has spent the past few years shying away from summer blockbusters and has instead appeared in a political thriller ("Lions for Lambs"), a comedy ("Tropic Thunder") and a fact-based drama ("Valkyrie"). With "Mission: Impossible IV," he returns to the signature series of his career.
Posted by Unknown at 9:11 PM