Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Meet The Spartans: Review

Now, I don't curse, but man, f*ck this movie! I mean, there are people dying of hunger in Darfur and these guys are incinerating millions of dollars to make crap like this? You guys know me right, I watch bad movies and say they're just movies. But Meet The Spartans pissed me off so much, I walked out 60 minutes in and asked the GSC guy for a refund. That's how bad this movie was!
The guys responsible for this are Jason Freidberg and Aaron Seltzer, the one's who gave us Date Movie and Epic Movie, which are the worst movies I have ever seen. If these are the writers who are staging the strike in Hollywood, then just fire them for god sakes. These people don't even try to make it entertaining. This was just a series of scenes taken from 300 and then these two geniuses said, "Hey, lets make the characters gay!"
So throughout the entire movie, they are just throwing one gay joke after another. I mean, who didn't watch 300 and make a bunch of gay jokes right? And I guarantee you, 90% of those jokes are funnier than the ones in the movie. It was slightly amusing at first, but then, they just kept repeating it again and again and again, you begin to say, "Okay we get it! They're gay. Now move on to another joke you idiots!"
 
And wait, the Malaysian censorship board did not approve any one of the 5 Best Picture nominees for the Oscars, but they agreed to screen Meet The Spartans? This movie wasn't insightful, it wasn't ironic, it wasn't even funny. It was just one American pop culture reference after another. They're still making fun of Britney, still making fun of Paris Hilton and they have no clever way of parodying these things. Example, the fat guy from Borat turns into a Transformer. Why? Well for no reason other than the fact that they had to find a way to mention the Transformers.
 
This film is bullshit, bullshit, bullshit! And what's more disturbing is that I actually paid these mother f*ckers RM8 to watch their god damn movie. By far, Meet The Spartans is the worst film I have ever seen in my life.


RATING: What's below zero?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews